At TimeLog, customer experience is at the forefront of everything we do. To help us build functional systems that improve the customer experience, we are now looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer.
📢 About the position:
In this job, you will be responsible for deploying product updates, identifying production issues, and implementing integrations that meet our customers' needs. We have solid fundamentals in place and a great team for you to join, and we want to onboard someone who excels in the DevOps realm and is passionate about what he or she does. Is that you, do you want the gig?
🧭 The main objective of this role:
- You will join a team of two outrageous colleagues; A junior IT engineer (internal support) and a senior System Administrator, who will welcome someone like you. You will step into the next heat of TimeLog R&D, in which we aim to grow 35% over the coming year – Fun times ahead.
- You will drive the DevOps initiatives along with the other senior in the team. You will know more about DevOps than the rest of the team, but they will know more about the domain and the system setup than you. Together, magic!
- We look for someone who loves what they do, is good at what they do, and is not afraid to challenge the status quo. You are not timid; you are not afraid to get your hands dirty, and you dare to be bold.
🎯 In this role, your responsibilities are to:
- Ensure relevant monitoring of Windows servers.
- Develop and support internal applications/tools related to the product delivery pipeline and customer site management based on a Microsoft stack (C#, PowerShell, etc.).
- Document how TimeLog operations work (Windows servers, VMWare/Azure network/infrastructure, and support systems) and make documentation available to the R&D team.
- Find new and better ways of automating our development platform (Azure Repos and Azure Pipelines).
- Map the DevOps strategy together with the team and the associated DevOps Product Owner.
- Help R&D reach both team and business OKR (Objectives & Key Results).
- Develop and support internal applications/tools related to the product delivery pipeline and customer site management.
- Document how TimeLog operations work (servers, network/infrastructure, and support systems) and make documentation available to the R&D team.
- Participate in rethinking existing operational processes, methods, and structures as part of the ongoing effort to optimize the business (velocity, quality, etc.).
- Extend documentation on operational processes and structures based on changes and our continuously increasing customer base.
- Ensure relevant monitoring of servers and services related to R&D is available, and help R&D stabilize our platforms further.
- Find new and better ways of automating our development platform and our operational system (sales, customer success, consulting…).
- Ensure quality throughout all technical engagements.
- Continuously help R&D to mature as both a team and an organization.
- Challenge status quo whenever optimization is needed.
🏆 Your top skills and qualifications:
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field.
- Experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role.
- Highly visionary and strong technical curiosity.
- Quality driven.
- Structured with strong analytical skills.
- An executor who can make things happen.
- Able to embrace change.
- Believes that the valid argument always wins.
- Desire to improve yourself, personally and professionally.
- Driven by a desire to deliver the right solutions.
- Live up to TL values: Listen, understand, and contribute.
- Windows Server Management; C#; PowerShell.
- It will be a huge plus to have knowledge of Azure IaaS.
❤️ We'd love it if:
- Have experience working in agile environments (scrum preferably).
- Have experience working with international colleagues.
🎁 We offer:
- Diversity: We speak more than 15 different languages. Some TimeLoggers are young, others a bit older, some have university backgrounds, others don’t, some are city people, others prefer the country life. But you can be sure that there is room for everyone.
- Flexibility: Work from where you feel most productive and comfortable. Whether it’s from home, so you can pick up your kids faster or from the office. It’s up to you!
- Never Stop Learning: We offer training & development programs because we want to see you succeed at work.
- Tools & Technology: We make sure that you get all the equipment and tools you need to do your work at the office, and we also make sure that your home office is properly equipped.
- Family & Friends: In TimeLog, we treat you as a family member and not an employee. Everyone knows each other, and many of us are close friends outside work too.